Dedicated to Preserving America's Oldest Soda

Friday, December 29, 2006

Champaigne Punch?

Today I discovered the only recent news about Vernors is a recepie for champaigne punch from who I assume is the Food Editor for the Metro Times...

"A Tasty Beverage
Does the idea of holiday celebrating conjure up a glass punch bowl filled with a sweet-tasting, cold, fruity drink that lubricates your throat for caroling? Champagne punch is the answer. Start with a bottle of Champagne. Add a two-liter bottle of ginger ale (preferably Vernors). Then add a pint of vanilla ice cream (a quart if you like it creamier), some orange sherbet and a pint of fruit, such as raspberries, strawberries or orange slices. You get the idea. There are no rules other than to keep the kids out of the bowl."

http://www.metrotimes.com//editorial/story.asp?id=9928

The concept sounds pretty good, but I think I might stop at the vanilla ice cream. It reminds me of one of my favorite ways to drink Vernors - in the ever-popular float form. Yep a glass of Vernors and a couple of scoops of vanilla has been a staple in my diet for years.

I'll try out this recepie for New Year's Eve and let you all know how it came out.

No comments: